Friday, November 13, 2009

Chapel By-The-Sea will resume Sunday services beginning on Nov. 15 at 11 a.m. with the Reverend Dr. Robert R. Hansel.


The historic, interdenominational Chapel By-The-Sea will resume Sunday services beginning on Nov. 15 at 11 a.m. with the Reverend Dr. Robert R. Hansel.

Parishioners will remember Dr. Hansel from two years ago when he finished his three year term and Reverend Joyce Kelly came to the Chapel. Chapel Ministers normally only serve one three year, but unfortunate circumstances have brought Dr. Hansel back.

"This is actually my fourth year. The reason I'm back is because Joyce Kelly's husband is ill and she was unable to complete the third year of her term," Dr. Hansel said, noting the church committee contacted him and invited him back to the Chapel for a fourth term.

"I'm a retired Episcopal minister and my particular background is in specialized ministry. I've been a prison chaplin, I've been a boarding school headmaster and I've been an assistant to three bishops, so it's really not the typical neighborhood congregation for my ministry," Dr. Hansel said, noting that he's also a writer and has published several books.

"I think the people will be interested in my perspective on larger national and world issues.

"For the people of the Chapel, it will be like a familiar friend returning," Dr. Hansel said.

The Chapel will continue Sunday services until April 18, 2010.

Chapel By-The-Sea is located at 11580 Chapin Lane, directly behind the Captiva Memorial Library and Civic Association. For more information, call 472-1646.

No comments:

Post a Comment